Radon-Resistant New Construction: Green Built Alliance Spring 2021 Workshop
The purpose of this course is to educate building professionals about radon measurement, radon-resistant measures in a new single-family home construction, as well as radon-mitigation measures in existing homes.
Upon completion of this course, individuals will be able to:
- Understand the source of radon;
- Understand, generally, how radon enters a building through negative pressure, building materials and private well-water;
- Understand the incidence rate of elevated radon throughout North Carolina;
- Provide your clients with science-based resources on the human health impacts of radon exposure;
- Understand the essential basic components of radon measurement in a residential setting;
- Understand the meaning of radon test results;
- Identify experts who can explain radon test results to your clients;
- Compare options for radon testing devices and testing timeframes;
- Locate certified radon professionals approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency;
- Provide consensus-based standards to your clients for both measuring radon levels in a building and mitigating elevated radon levels in a building;
- Understand, generally, different radon mitigation practices for homes with different foundations;
- Guide your client on possible interview questions to pose to a certified mitigator and/or items for a contract when hiring a certified professional; and
- Guide builder clients on how to build with radon resistant techniques.
This course has been approved as a four-hour elective course eligible for continuing-education credit through the North Carolina Licensing Board for General Contractors, and is pending approval for HSW credits through the American Institute of Architects. The hours additionally apply toward Green Built Alliance's Regenerative Professional Accreditation. The class may also meet continuing-education criteria for other organizations; please email email@example.com with questions related to qualifying for continuing education.
|Neon CRM by Neon One|